netfilter/iptables dependent on kernel version?
Chris Cross
2014-08-06 21:09:52 UTC
I have a naive question. I'm attempting to run a user space program in
a chroot that execs iptables within the chroot. The version of
iptables in the chroot is 1.4.7 from and the chroot contents are built
from a distro using kernel 2.6.32. The host iptables is 1.4.7 and
kernel 3.2.0. Is there a dependency between iptables and kernel
version that would cause the routine use of the older iptables to "not
work" with the newer kernel, i.e., to cause unexpected or unintended
results?

Thanks,
Chris